– June: We received a NIH-NIGMS Administrative Supplement Award to purchase a new instrument.
– May: Angela Heintel accepted an offer from Columbia Chemical. Congratulations!
– April: Matt, Matthew, and Prem received departmental graduate awards/fellowships. Chase received a departmental UG summer fellowship. Congratulations!
– April: We received a "CCTST Pilot Translation Research Grant (TRG)" award, regarding our research on Coronaviral RNA proofreading nucleases.
– March: We finalized the design of our new lab in the "New Chemistry Building" (2025).
– February: Sam successfully finished his closed defense. Congratulations!
– January: Mayowa Ojumah joined our group as a graduate student. Welcome!!
– January: Angela Heintel, Joshua Salmons, and Benjamin Kean joined our group for undergraduate student research. Welcome!!
– October: Yasin and Jim have published their paper on SARS-CoV-2 RNA replication machinery in BBRC. Congratulations!
– August: Dr. Kim is promoted into Associate Professor with Tenure.
– April: Dr. Kim received a "Diana Lowenstein Fellowship" Award.
– April: Sam, Matthew, and Nuwani received departmental awards/fellowships. Congratulations!
– January: Dr. Kim started serving as the Chair of Biochemistry Division in the Department of Chemistry.
– Khanh received an “Undergraduate Research Fellowship Award”. (October 4)
– Jim published our paper on the ARH3 drug discovery pipeline, which is in collaboration with John Tainer’s group, is published in Methods in Enzymology. (September 28)
– Zyrill received a “Best REU Poster Award”. (July)
– Sam’s paper on NUDT5-coupled AMP/Glo Assay is published in PLoS One. (June 30)
– We received a “$1.4M 4-year R01 grant from NIH-NIGMS” for our research on ARH3 mechanism and function (visit our Chemistry Facebook site).
– Yasin published our paper on ADP-ribosylation of Androgen receptor signaling is accepted in Nature Communications (IF: 14.92). (April)
– Sam and Matt received a departmental award. (April)
– Zhijun’s paper on SARS-CoV-2 RNA proofreading complex is published in Protein Expression and Purification. (April)
– Yasin’s paper on ARH3 is published in J. Biol. Chem. (April)
– Yasin successfully defended his thesis and moved to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center as a post-doc. (March)
– Yasin's paper on DNA ligase III – XRCC1 complex is published in Nucleic Acids Research (IF: 16.97). (January)
– Our ACS-RSG grant and research are published in “UC News”.(November)
– Our new lab space in Crosley 9th floor is open. We now have a two-story laboratory with two student offices. (September)
– Yasin and Sam’s paper on PARG is published in Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. (April)
– We have received a “$0.8M 4-year American Cancer Society Research Scholar Grant (ACS-RSG)" (visit our Chemistry Facebook page)(October)
– Our paper on the PARG inhibitor development is published in Nature Communications (IF: 14.92). (September)
– We have received a 2-year V scholar grant from V foundation and 1.5-year pilot grant from Marlene Harris Ride Cincinnati foundation! (visit our Chemistry Facebook page) (October)
– Yasin paper on the new ARH3 structure is published in J. Biol. Chem. (July)